25 April, 2006

serfs up dude

Last year before Eleanor was born, I took a belly dancing class with my sister Erin and our friend Juscha. It was pretty fun and relaxing. Then Eleanor was born and I never took any more classes because, you know, no time, bla bla bla. But Juscha continued taking classes and she informs me that her class is going to be performing at the upcoming renaissance faire in nearby Cambridge. So Erin and I are going to go see the performance and check out the faire, being careful not to call it a FAIR, because a FAIR has carnies, but a FAIRE has both jousters and jesters. (Here is the stated weapons policy for this event: Firearms not permitted. Blades must be kept sheathed and peace-tied. Other weapons must be sheathed and peace-tied. Erin was a little disappointed at the amount of peace-tying required, but SAFETY FIRST.) I've never been to one of these things before, and in spite of the fact that I've never really understood the desire to re-enact historical events in this manner, it should be pretty entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home