09 November, 2005

from david rees

So, in the unlikely event that any of you who stumble upon this blog are in NYC today, here is an announcement from David Rees, the creator of Get Your War On and many other fine comics.
"Please join me for a celebration of the life of THOMAS PAINE, one of America's baddest founding fathers!

THOMAS PAINE was basically the source for every kick-ass quote you half-remember from history class. He died in 1809, but the more I read about him (thank you, Wikipedia) the more I wish he was alive RIGHT NOW, hosting a cable talk show and destroying assholes left and right.

Anyway, tonight I'm going to learn a hundred facts about Thomas Paine, and then tomorrow night I'm gonna present my comics (ho-hum, what else is new) and then "drop some science" about Paine. (I'm gonna unleash a "Painedemic," if you will.)

THOMAS PAINE Celebration
Wednesday, November 9
7:00 PM
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
126 Crosby Street, NYC
(212) 334-3324
http://www.housingworks.org/usedbookcafe/

Thanks for your interest,
David Rees"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home